10 Good Reasons To Stay Healthy
Finding good reasons to stay healthy can sometimes be hard to do especially when you have a lot going on in your life and it is much easier to just eat processed foods and not workout. Trust me I know how it feels to just want to eat out instead of spend time cooking and to watch television instead of workout.
It is those times that you have to be motivated enough to just do it. But what motivates someone? What gives us that extra push to get over ourselves and just do it? There is only one answer and that is YOU have to want it. I wanted to make changes to my life so that I could be around for as long as possible to be happy with my husband and watch my children grow up and become great adults.
This is what motivates me to want to get up every single day and make at least one change towards a healthier lifestyle. Even if all I do for the day is choose to drink water instead of drinking soda, it is one step towards better health. So that one step still helps me feel good. I don’t beat myself up about all of the things I should be doing because that wouldn’t be good for my mental health.
I have come up with my own list of what I feel are good reasons to stay healthy. I hope it inspires you to want to make the necessary changes you may need to, in order to live healthier.
- Longer Lifespan. Of course anything could happen at any time, there are no guarantees, but statistics show that living healthier with a good diet and regular exercise can add years to your life.
- More Energy. I know it may not seem like it right now if you are just getting started, but once you get into a good routine you will have a lot more energy and be able to do things you probably never thought you could do.
- Weight Control. Your chances of being over weight are lower when you take care of yourself.
- Less Illness. Your immune system will be stronger and since you won’t be eating unhealthy fats and carbohydrates you are unlikely to develop certain diseases that are associated with these such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease, etc.
- Cures Depression. Daily exercise as well as a diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables helps improve your mood. You will feel more relaxed and happier.
- Look And Feel Better. You already know you will lose weight and your body will be more toned, you will also feel better about yourself and your confidence will be higher.
- Kids Will Appreciate It. When you feel better you will be able to run around and play with your kids without feeling overwhelmed or tired easily.
- More Alert. Your brain will be able to function better when you eat less sugar.
- Save Money. Many people think that eating healthy costs a lot more than eating unhealthy. Eating out at a fast food restaurant for a family will cost you double the amount you would pay eating healthy on a budget.
- You Want It. This is the most important reason to live healthier. I can’t think of anyone that deep down inside doesn’t really want to be healthier. You will be so grateful once you realize what small changes can do for your life.
What are your reasons to stay healthy? I would love to know what keeps you motivated to live a healthier lifestyle. Leave a comment below and let me know what your reasons to stay healthy are.